Monday 10 October 2011

Awful OOTD/My Body

Hello everyonee!

First of all I'd like to apologise for this truly awful attempt at an OOTD post, but I'd thought I'd give you an insight into what I actually wear, considering pretty much every post on here is about hair and beauty :)



Both my dress and blouse are from Primark (woo) and I just left the blouse open and knotted it at the waist

I don't really have a 'style'. I'm about 5ft8/9 but with a size 12 (sometimes even 14 eek) figure to boot so I can't really do the cutesy petite thing or the tall and skinny thing. I wish I could call my style sophisticated (what with being called Sophie and all..hahaha awkward joke) but I'm more than happy to wear a pair of jeans and a baggy jumper.

I used to have a tshirt from Zara that said 'It's not the content, it's the style, and I'm content with my style' although I never really have been content with my style! Growing up I never really knew how to dress for my figure, at all. Sometimes I think I still don't but at least I know that I will never be one of those girls that can pull off a bodycon skirt (I do NOT have the thighs!) 

When I was younger I was a right chubster and whilst I lost a lot of the 'puppy fat' in Year 9 (so when I was about 14) I still am a 'curvy' girl. That word will forever make me cringe but it's who I am and it seems that no matter how much I work out or live off carrot sticks I will always be this way so I guess I've learnt to live with  it. Maybe.

My favourite shops are Primark, H&M and Topshop, although I find Topshop stupidly overpriced and even now it seems that sometimes H&M is cheaper than Primark (lol what?) 

What's your 'style'? Do you even have one? Let me know!

Love Sophie xxx

7 comments:

  1. I stick to jeans and jumpers too, but in SixthForm I wear lots of black and skirts, 'cause no trousers fit me!:P I'm 5ft2.5" and a size 8 but not petite, so I'm akward too :') x

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty blouse! i love topshop too, but i agree about the prices, some are so ridiculous!
    xo Elly @ strawberrylacemoustache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. im 5ft 8 and a size 12...i agree i often find i look huge! even though i certainly dont feel fat i just feel like a giant!? make sense?! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to wear either skirts and dresses or baggy fit jeans, skinnys are too uncomfortable, they always fit on the waist but are too tight round the thighs (I'm a 10-12)! I definitely don't feel I could carry off body-con skirts and little tops like most girls wear on a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish i was your height, i'm 5"2-3 so pretty short, i'd love to taller :)
    I agree about topshop the prices are crazy on some things!

    Laura xo
    http://throughtheeyesoflaura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Topshop is crazy, I normally buy stuff from eBay. However I'm at the other end of your spectrum, 5ft 2/3 and a size 4 and it's hard to find clothes that look right on me! I would appreciate some more OOTD's!! I love getting inspiration from what others wear. Hope you're enjoying Southampton, my hubby went there, what degree are you doing? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress and shirt combo! I wish it was still hot enough to wear my maxi dresses :( I wore my black primarni one loads this year! xx

    ReplyDelete