Tuesday 14 September 2010

Review: Clean & Clear Spot Kit

Afternoon lovely ladies :)

This time last week I picked up this kit and I've been using it for the past week. Clean and Clear must have spent loads promoting this, the website does look pretty impressive.


So what does it claim?
  •  100% of people had clearer skin in one day
  • After 4 weeks they had clearer skin
  • After 8 weeks it had stayed clearer
What does it come with?
  • Spot Control Cleanser
  • Spot Control Moisturiser
  • Fast Clearing Treatment Gel 


  Now these products I'm pretty sure have already been released but this is the first time they've been sold together with different packaging. I really like this packaging, I think the silver/purple thing works and I love the way it's presented in the box. I've never had a spot that looks like the one in their example though!



Why did I buy it?
Okay, I don't have 'problem skin'. I get spots on my chin and a few on my face around the time of the month, so basically I bought this to help clear them up. Also it was on offer at £8.99 in Superdrug (usually £12.99 I think) and I think it's been on 'offer' for quite a while now. . ! Also, if you watch the videos on the website it's pretty impressive stuff
What did I think of it?
Okay. This stuff has good points and bad points. I'll start with the bad
  •  It hasn't really made much change to my skin. Hahahaa
  • In fact for the first few days my skin was so soft. Then by Saturday it was reaallly dry, I had to dig out the Soap and Glory scrub
  • The cleanser, despite being a gel, is quite creamy = no exfoliation. At all. Hence the dryness by day 6
  • Most of the spots I started with are still there, however. .
The good
  •  When I pluck my eyebrows I seem to get spots around that area. They've all gone :)
  • It smells lovely
  • It has nice packaging
  • It's really cooling so it feels like it's working
  • The moisturiser is really thick. I like this.
Would I Recommend It?
If, like me, you get the occasional spot, I don't think this would be much help. I would recommend buying the treatment gel, different packaging, but you can find it here. It's sold as 100ml which is HUGE compared to the one in the kit, and I do think the moisturiser is good. The ladies that are featured on this kit's website start off with quite bad skin but it does seem to clear up really well.

 If you are the kind of person that doesn't feel confident in their skin and using make up to cover it up seems to just makes it worse, I think this is the kit for you. 

I hope this review helped someone :)

Love Sophie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment