Tuesday 21 September 2010

A Long Post on Lip Tints

Morning lovely ladies :)

Obviously we've all heard of the original lip and cheek tint, Benetint, but at £23.50 a bottle it's not very affordable. Luckily for us there's loads of alternatives of the product once used on strippers' nipples out there and I'm going to show you a few today

Please excuse stock photos, my collection decided to go for a walk after I'd swatched them all
2True Cheek 'n' Lip Tint - £1.95
Okay, this is more of a Posie Tint copy rather than a Benetint, but this stuff is DISGUSTING. The bottle looks like a nail varnish, and the stuff inside is of a pretty similar consistency to a nail varnish too! It's bright neon and just gross. So so gross. If you want I'll show you the bottle and brush. Ewww.
Bourjois Rouge Hi-Tech in Groseille Irreelle
 I actually really like this product, it's quite messy though so it's handy it comes with the lid. Quite watery though so not highly pigmented, better for people that already have quite pinky lips (that'll be me!) but I think the wide colour selection is great for different skin tones. I thought the name Groseille Irreelle was kind of ugly, until I realised it's English translation was Unreal Redcurrant. Catchy.

Max Factor Lipstick in Midnight Plum
Okay, I cheated. This is a lipstick, but does the swatch look like one? I love love love this, it's in Max Factors darker skinned lipstick range but it is a suit all shade. Apply from the bullet like a lipstick or using your fingers to get the 'lip tint' effect seen in the swatch. You can use this method with pretty much any lipstick!

Mememe Pussy Cat Cheek and Lip Tint
I don't see why they called it Pussy Cat? I don't see my cat going around with pink splodges on her face. . okay okay that's a lie! I think this one is the most similar to Benetint, however it is very watery, so you need to build it up, and it tastes quite foul. Like pot pourri. Bleuuurgh.

And my favourite. .
Topshop Tint

Lovely lovely lovely. This is actually really nice, you only need a smidge and it's a deep berry colour which you can build up. I think this would suit most skin tones, me being a pale head I only use the smallest amount but it gives a lovely glow. If you didn't get that, it's really lovely :)

Hope you enjoyed that, let me know what your favourite lip tints are and thank you to Amelia for requesting this post!

Love Sophie xxx

4 comments:

  1. ahh thanks for the mention and this post because I was going to try the 2true lip stain but i really want to try the topshop one now :) thanks a lot. im trying to jump on the stains bandwagon ;)

    xoxo stay fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm happy i read this now, i was thinking about buying the 2true lip stain too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post!!! I've been meaning to purchase a lip tint for the longest time but I had no idea which ones were good lol! This is exactly what I needed :)


    feel free to check out my blog:
    www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently bought the MeMeMe one and I really like it but I've not been able to find the Topshop one anywhere! Not instore or online :( The Body Shop one that was a freebie with Instyle earlier this year is also pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete