Tuesday 3 August 2010

The Samples Series: Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter

Hey lovely ladies!

This is something new I'm doing, I realised last night that I have too many samples of things (or do I buy too many magazines?) so I thought I'd use them up and blog about my first impressions. Obviously some I don't intend to buy so I can't give a review after a few uses etc, but you know what they say, first impressions count!

First up is the Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter from The Body Shop

Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter - £3 for 50ml/£8 for 200ml
 
Ok, so the price for a small tub isn't too bad but what about the product? The product promises a 'luxuriously rich and intensive deep-conditioning treatment for soft, glossy and tangle-free hair' and it has no silicones, parabens or colourants and it contains 'pracaxi oil, manketti nut oil and Community Trade honey and olive oil'

Now if you ask me that sounds like a pretty yummy miraculous product right? Yeaaah, not so. I like my products to have a smell. And a pleasant one at that. This smells really strange, it is a faint smell but if anyone owns a Superdrug MUA Lipstick, that's what it smells like, in a word, funky.

There was a reasonable amount in the sachet, probably the same amount that I would dig out of my tub (uh, if I had one. . ), not a scraping but then not exactly generous. This didn't cover my hair at all. My hair is long, not super long but it just about managed the roots. And this is to be used instead of your conditioner once a week. Deep-conditioning treatment it ain't.

Now to be fair I was expecting a miracle. I was expecting my hair to drop out of it's knots into sleek, soft shiny hair. That's not unreasonable, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle can do it. But no, I came out of the shower with tangled hair looking exactly how it had when I went into the shower (except damp of course)

Of course samples are supposed to make us go 'wowee I'm gonna go out and buy that RIGHT now'. But that didn't happen with this. I think the eco thing they've got going on with this range is fab, but really, I wouldn't buy this full price. Weird smell, and despite being for dry hair it didn't really fulfill it's promises. 

Sorry Body Shop :(

Have you found any samples lately?
Sophie xxx

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 little drawers full of samples! I never get round to using them!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that as well and my hair's midlength yet I still didn't feel it convered all my hair =/

    ReplyDelete